Saturday, July 3, 2010

Bambinos

My dad, known in some circles as Stan the Man, lives on some acreage in the Sierra Nevada Foothills.  If you know my dad, you would know he is an interesting guy with lots of talents and plenty of quirks...like most us  I suppose.  Anyway...this dad of mine, Stan the Man, has a certain, shall we say presence about him.  An air, an aura, a mysitic.   This aura he has allows certain magical things to happen around him, in his life, in his world.  I am sure it has gotten him in some trouble too...but this isn't about that.

This land that he is living on now is pretty special too, and the combination of his mojo and the land being  special allows some magical things to happen...not Harry Potter kind of magic, but magic none the less.

Living under my father's deck is this family.



They were so sweet and relaxed around  us.

I could hardly believe my eyes.





There were so relaxed, they even played together as I was right by them clicking away with my camera.



I am not a wildlife photographer, so these are a little unsavory in my opinion, but they capture the mood.





I love this little one looking at me.



This one was scared by a dog walking on the road and ran back to the house to wait for the mama.  Lucky me.





I know that a picture is worth a thousand words, but these ones cannot convey even half of what I felt to have been around this family. And not just because the pictures aren't very good, but because experience lives  in our hearts and our souls and a picture...is just...a picture...a thing.
  No substitute for the real thing...Experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment