Thursday, August 12, 2010

Blueberry

I think I mentioned a few posts back that I have blueberries growing in my yard.

They are just wonderful...such a perfect summer treat.

As a child I did not like blueberries, I don't know why.  I think that I thought they were tart and had a funny consistency.  I didn't like pear either because of the consistency.

Now I know better.

Blueberries are so good for you, they are considered a superfood.  Whatever that is?!  Actually it means it is high in antioxidants, vitamin C, manganese, fiber, flavinoids...good stuff for 'ya.

Anyway, this morning I picked berries in my back yard.














And then I did this with them.







But don't worry...those were for the kids and Marcus.

I had this for breakfast.




I ate the cold leftover pancakes later.

1 comment: