Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Summer Cooler

The other day I came across a recipe that made a light bulb go off in the ole' mellon.

I have had this before.  And I liked the feeling.

For all my buddies out there in Auburn CA...who have been to Latitudes (who hasn't?)... you will recognize it too.

At Latitudes they call it Herbal Iced Tea.

The recipe I found called it the same thing.

But I am calling it something else... because I can.


This is all you will need.  I meant to grab RED Zinger... but ended up with this one instead.  It is just as yummy as the Red.





Oh...and this...



Steep away!



I wanted to show you  how beautiful this tea is just by itself.


Once the juice and the tea is mixed it has a lovely rose color.  It would be jewel toned if you used filtered apple juice.


This is the perfect thing on a hot summer day.  It goes well with everything, or nothing at all.  My kids love it.  My husband loves it, and there is no caffeine in it. I usually stick with the fully leaded kind, but this is a nice treat sometimes.

Summer Cooler
4 bags Celestial Seasonings Lemon Zinger Tea
4 bags Celestial Seasonings Red Zinger Tea
4 C hot water
4 C apple juice

Steep all 8 tea bags in 4 C boiling water for about 10 minutes.  Mix with 4 C apple juice and refrigerate.  Pour over ice, garnish with something beautiful, insert straw and ENJOY! 


No comments:

Post a Comment